iOS and Mac Mail users switching from Simply Mail Solutions Hosted Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013 will need to check how their device connects to email to make sure there is no interuption and they can continue to receive emails as normal.
When talking to our Microsoft Exchange service, an iOS device, or Mac Mail, uses particular login details to access the mailbox. Depending on the login details, it may be necessary to update your settings:
- If your login settings use your full email address as the user name you don't need to make any changes.
- If your login settings use an 8 digit number as the user name, or 'shared\' followed by an 8 digit number, you will need to update the details.
On an iOS device, you can check which login details are used by going to
Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendarsand selecting your Exchange account from the list.
With Mac Mail check in
System Preferences -> Internet Accountsfor your Exchange account settings.
If you are using an 8 digit number to log in remove this number and replace it with your full email address. Remove anything in the password box and re-enter your mailbox password. Your emails should now work as normal.
If this process is unsuccessful you will need to remove the existing Exchange account and create a new one with these details:
- For user name, use your full email address
- Leave the domain section blank
- Use your normal email address password
- Set the server to exchange.mse2010.com
You can change the settings before your migration date and continue to receive emails as normal. Once your account has switched to Exchange 2013 only the full email address login option will allow you to continue to receive emails.
If you are unsure of how to check your settings, please contact our support team for advice.