Some people are concerned that migrating their existing domain name to a new registrar is too complicated, and risks losing access to their email and website.
The truth is, as long as the procedure below is followed, there should be no downtime, and the movement will be a seamless process.
Why move your domain to Simply Mail Solutions?
Our hosted cloud services are flexible, and can work with domains hosted with other registrars. However moving your existing domains over to us, helps simplify your online systems:
- Single point of contact — Keeping all your online services and domains together means you only have to contact one company for any issues
- Domain control — Our 24-hour support team are always available to update your DNS and make changes to your domain
The migration process
The following process will help guarantee a smooth transition between domain providers. By following these steps, you won't lose access to email and your website won't be affected.
- The first step is to add your DNS details to our name servers. Simply email our support team with your domain name, and explain you are migrating the domain to us
- Once our support team have confirmed the domain is on our name servers, contact your existing domain provider and ask them to swap your name servers to:
- At the same time, check with your domain registrar that the admin contact details for your domain are an email address you can access. If not, ask them to update the admin contact
- Now is the time to request the transfer. If you have a .co.uk domain simply ask your registrar to change the IPS Tag to
ENOM. For other domains, contact your current registrar and ask for a transfer code
- Wait for 24 hours. The wait ensures the rest of the internet catches up with the domain transfer request
- Visit the domain section in our webstore
- Under 'Transfer an existing domain' enter your domain name and select the correct domain ending from the drop-down list
- Click 'Transfer'
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your order
Your domain transfer will be processed by our sales team. If there are any queries they will be in touch for clarification. Transfers can take up to 10 working days, however by the procedure outlined above will allow the transfer to progress as quickly as possible.