Gartner Releases New Market Guide for Email Encryption
- Gartner releases new Market Guide for Email Encryption, noting a reinvigorated market driven by regulatory requirements and privacy issues.
- Report updates status of email encryption and file sharing solutions and provides recommendations for evaluating solutions.
- Gartner highlights three main use cases for email encryption: B2B and B2C collaboration and sensitive internal communications.
- Report highlights importance for key features, including secure large file transfer support.
Analyst firm Gartner has released its new Market Guide for Email Encryption, noting the need for solutions that fulfil the latest encryption needs of organisations. Released on Dec. 7, the well-timed report arrives as small and midsize businesses look into purchasing their first email encryption and secure file sharing solutions, and many enterprises and government organizations plan to enhance or replace existing solutions.
In the report, Gartner highlights the renewed need for email encryption and the high interest in cloud-based encryption solutions. The firm also emphasises three use cases for encryption:
- Communication with Partners (B2B)
- Communication with Consumers (B2C)
- Sensitive Internal Communication
In each of these cases, requirements for secure communication are driven by regulatory compliance and/or the increasing need to protect intellectual property. Gartner also notes the need for solutions to support ease of use, for large file transfer, and integration with data leakage prevention (DLP) solutions. For B2C communications in particular, high emphasis is placed on ease of use, an ability to integrate with existing authentication methods and streamlined on-boarding.
Cirius, the technology behind KeyEncrypt, is a cloud-based secure messaging solution enabling employees and external partners to exchange private messages and files securely from the desktop or mobile devices, enabling B2B, B2C and sensitive internal communications that fulfill regulatory compliance and protect intellectual property and private data. The solution is easily deployed worldwide, providing data residency options that ensure data privacy. Among its key features are:
- Unique, true-cloud architecture that requires no configuration of existing email infrastructure, no MX records to transfer and no gateway to install and manage.
- Advanced message control, which includes tracking, delivery slip and other advanced features.
- Ability to secure messages on any device, including smartphones, tablets and laptops.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook, Office 365 OWA and other browser-based webmail clients.
- Simplified guest user registration and user experience with a web-based interface that precludes the need for any downloads or complex gateway installations.
- Powerful APIs for integration into secure web forms, fax replacement, email archive repositories and other cloud platforms.
- Simple “one price” subscription model that requires no substantial upfront expense or complicated add-on features.
KeyEncrypt (powered by Cirius) is a simplified, secure communications and information management solution that enables companies to protect and control email and valuable company data. More than 6,500 customers worldwide in every industry sector depend on the Cirius platform to communicate securely on any device, control what happens to their messages even after they have been sent, rapidly transfer large files and prevent data loss.
KeyEncrypt is a cloud-based solution that is easy to use and deploy, yet powerful in its many applications. In this age of growing regulatory oversight and increased pressure to safeguard customer data, KeyEncrypt is helping companies gain a competitive edge through better relationships, increased productivity, lower overhead, and a reputation of trust.
Article modified from: http://cirius.com/gartner-releases-new-market-guid...