Mac users on the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10 operating systems should take five minutes to fire up the App Store and download the latest OS update. This update is especially recommended for customers having issues connecting to Microsoft Exchange using the in-built Mail app.
OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 focuses on improving the stability, compatibility and security areas of the Mac OS, including:
- Better reliability connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server.
- Improved Wi-Fi reliability.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent Mail from sending messages through certain email providers.
- Addresses an issue prevents connecting to remote computers with Back to My Mac.
- Resolves an issue where sharing services, Notification Center widgets and Actions may not be available.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Notiication Center settings not to be retained after restarting.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Mac App Store from displaying certain updates.
- Addresses an issue preventing some Mac mini computers from waking from sleep.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups.
- Addresses an issue that might prevent entering Japanese text.
More information on the update is available direct from Apple's support page. To update use the App Store link in the Apple menu.